Re: [CBQ] Review of MTH/RailKing 3-Rail O-Gauge CZ Set

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Review of MTH/RailKing 3-Rail O-Gauge CZ Set
From: Bob Webber <no17@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 18:32:27 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
It would be nice if MTH actually cracked a book - or took a few moments to
look on line to name their cars.  Why use Silver Coyote (a correct name),
then use Vista, Mist & Spring none of which are correct?  At least Falls &
Cafe are correct.  Silver Blade isn't and didn't exist (but then, neither
did Silver Mist or Silver Spring - and Silver Vista was a Dome Obs for the
TZ).

If they are going to go to the trouble of calling them CZ cars, they could
try to get more of the names right - let alone the types. No reflection on
your note at all - I just don't understand why manufacturers can't spend
more than a couple of seconds to find this information.

At 06:04 PM 5/28/2005, you wrote:
>MTH's (Mike's Train House) 2005 V2 catalog recently announced a CB&Q
>E3 AA set with streamlined passenger cars.  Here are he details.
>

>The California Zephyr cars have ABS plastic bodies in silver fluted
>plastic with black trucks (the prototype had silver trucks).  The
>main 4-car set (MSRP ~ $200)offers baggage car Silver Coyote, coach
>Silver Spring, vista dome coach Silver Vista, and observtion car
>Silver Mist.  A sleeper & diner add-on set (MSRP  $100) offers
>Silver Falls and Silver Cafe, respectively.  Also offered are add-on
>coach Silver Blade (MSRP $50) and full-length vista dome Silver Path
>(MSRP $55).  (Obviously, the CZ did not have any full-length vista
>dome cars.).
>
>MTH also offered Western Pacific Zephyr F3's in the MTH/Premier line
>which appear to be prototypically decoarated, but did not offer any
>Premier CZ passenger cars to go with the set.
>
>Bill

Bob Webber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM