RE: [CBQ] CB&Q HC-1's

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] CB&Q HC-1's
From: "Dave Lotz" <dave_lotz@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 10:25:37 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Tom & Listers,

1.      The Bowser hopper is VERY close to the CB&Q HC-1.  There are minor roof
variations, but for those needing an exact roof, Martin Lofton makes the
correct roof.  I?ve not seen the Kato model, but will get one to do a
comparison.
2.      This is not an Order form ? it is merely a survey to determine the
interest in the various schemes.  I doubt that I will run all the schemes at
one time, but most likely will pick a couple at a time to run.
3.      I?m not completely decided on the numbering.  It has been suggested to
do
this a couple of ways ? to run two cars with different complete numbers
applied and then decals with the last three numbers having a background that
matches the car color to apply over the printed numbers ? or apply only the
first three numbers and include dry transfers or decals with the last three
numbers ? or do them unnumbered and include dry transfers or decals with the
whole number.  I?m leaning towards the first option.  When adding numbers
the trick is to use some type of decal solvent and then overspray with a
clear coat to cover the decal film.

Dave