[CBQ] CTC Date Balfour to Pacific Jct

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CTC Date Balfour to Pacific Jct
From: "zephyr98072" <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 03:51:43 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I am trying to verify the date CTC was installed between Balfour and
Pacific Jct, Iowa.  The alignment chart shows a date of 1948 which I
always assumed was true for the entire segment from Balfour to Council
Bluffs.  However, I was re-reading the article entitled "OS Creston" in
Burlington Bulletin 22 the other night, and noticed that the pages
reproduced from the March 20, 1949 timetable show CTC in service only
between Red Oak and Balfour (1930), and Pacific Jct. and Council Bluffs
(presumably 1948).

Does someone know the first timetable published subsequent to the
3/20/49 timetable that shows CTC all the way from Red Oak to Council
Bluffs?

Thanks in advance.

Glen Haug

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM