[CBQ] CB&Q XM-5 Boxcars in Green - Latest info from Athearn

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q XM-5 Boxcars in Green - Latest info from Athearn
From: "thommack" <thommack@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 17:11:31 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Here is the reply I received today from Athearn on the new green XM-5
auto parts boxcars:

Tom,

Thank-you for your inquiry. Please note that the photos we had were of
three cars:  9805, 9824 and 9837.  We selected numbers 9805 and 9824.
The date on 9824 is 5-68 and on 9805 it is 11-68.  The color on these
cars was a bit confusing, but our CB&Q experts determined that they
were painted in the Q's version of BN Cascade Green (as opposed to the
dark forest green used for many years on the Q's insulated box cars).

Sincerely,

Athearn Trains

Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH