[CBQ] Re: Re: CZ & DZ consist information.

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Re: CZ & DZ consist information.
From: Denny Anspach <danspach@macnexus.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:53:45 -0700
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

>By the mid-60's, the cars that show up most from the PRR and the NYC are
>not 10-5's or 10'6s, but 4-4-2's.   These cars also show up from the
>AT&SF,SP&UP.  6-6-4's show up from the C&NW and the IC, as well as the UP.

Although this is strictly anecdotal, my only recollection of the
regular extra CZ sleepers coming through Sacramento were C&O and SP.
On multiple CZ trips in the '60s, we seemed to always draw a bedroom
suite in a C&O car. Although seeing the CZ often, I never once ever
saw CNW, UP, or PRR cars in the consists.

I do know the statistical difference between hard data and casual
observation ;-)

A question to Ed deRouin:  was the Denver-Alliance car that was
dropped at Brush coupled behind the observation car for that short
distance, or was it in the usual location requiring locomotive
uncoupling, etc. (a time waster)?

Denny
--
Denny S. Anspach, MD