[CBQ] LMB: SA-2 4-6-2

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] LMB: SA-2 4-6-2
From: Denny Anspach <danspach@macnexus.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:46:15 -0700
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
LMB brass locomotives are almost all undervalued, but also are still
some of the best running models around, the CB&Q 4-6-2 definitely
included.  My only criticism of its overall appearance is the awkward
out-of-scale appearance of its fat-tired lead truck wheels, which of
course is more than quite obvious in any 3/4 or face-on view.
Although I have not done so on this particular model, I have solved
this visual problem on other locomotives by replacing the lead truck
wheels with NWSL  0.088" (tread width) wheel sets.  The dramatically
improved prototypical appearance of this simple change can be magical.

Denny

--
Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento