[CBQ] Locomotive Assignments

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Locomotive Assignments
From: "Bill Burge" <bill_b_52402@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 01:34:08 -0000

I'm putting together a list of maintenance and work assignments of
the BN's predecessor roads just before the merger.I'm using the BN
1971 Motive Power Annual as a guide to units existing at the time of
the merger.Road power of the GN,NP,and CB&Q were generally
maintained at one shop on each road.GN's at Havre,Montana,NP's at
Livingston, Montana,and CB&Q's at Lincoln.But all three had
switchers and branchline power assigned to shops across their
respective systems.The GN is the only one of the three that I've
found a detailed maintenance assignment sheets through the GNRHS and
Four Ways West publications. But even these sheets are only a start
as units did have a somewhat typical work assignment(wasn't SW1 9147
assigned to Deadwood most of it's life,so have Alliance as a
maintenance base?).GN NW5 186 was the primary unit used on the
Wayzata to Hutchinson,Minn. branch for most of it's life and
assigned to Minneapolis Junction for maintenance(good examples to
name a couple of several I could site at the top of my head).
  I hope those of you who lived in the areas of these roads at the
times just before and after the merger can shed some light on this
project.Thanks for your help.

Have a good one.

Bill Burge
Marion,Iowa