[CBQ] re: date a brochure

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] re: date a brochure
From: "Gerald A. Edgar" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 03:11:28 -0000

Tks for the vote of confidence Ray but I am going to fall a little
short.  I too have the brochure and it's one of the VERY few of
significance NOT to have a date or some good clue.  The best clue is
the list of available publications - it's post-#1, the crack train to
Denver as a brochure on #1 is among the 8 offered.  Also Eustis is
Gen. Pass. Agt. @ the time.  I do have an accompanying single
page "card" describing the very brochure we are talking about (the
green "A Train Takes its own Picture").  The card, with Eustis' name
also, says there have been so many requests for a larger version of
the photo shown in the green brochure, you can buy an 18" x 28"
engraving for 20 cents in postage. I have never seen this engraving &
it's on my list of about 4 significant Q publicatios I am still
looking for after 30+ yrs of collecting!
I'd guess, based on circumstanial evidence, that the photo was taken
in the 1890's - possibly as early as 1893.  It cannot be earlier than
that as the brochures offered in the subject brochure were not
available prior. Gerald

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM