RE: [CBQ] RI Wreck

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com, CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [CBQ] RI Wreck
From: "Philip Weibler" <pawnbaw@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:28:02 -0600
Cc: "Pete Hedgpeth" <Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com>, "RITSlist" <ritslist@storm.simpson.edu>
Hello, Tom - Rock Island 2nd 76 derailed in downtown Depue, IL, in May of 1963,
IIRC.  Both the Silvis and the Blue Island wreckers were called out to clear
the main line.  The story goes that one of the locals was having his morning
beer in the tavern downtown when a RR car smashed thru the back wall.  Do any
silver Swift & Co. meat reefers show in the slides?  Phil Weibler