[CBQ] Re: Changing BLI USRA Hvy 2-8-2 Tender

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Changing BLI USRA Hvy 2-8-2 Tender
From: "Steve Fuchs" <fuchst900@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 23:06:56 -0000

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@h...> wrote:
>I hope you are addressing this to this Steve,  I orginally requested
the help. I am following a mainline modeler article from several
years ago.  I will look it up at home and get the year and month for
you. Start with .080 thick evergreen sheets and make a box with a
top. Then make a wrapper out of .005 styrene Sheet. I bought a set of
rivet dies from NWSL and just impressed them by had.  I have an old
article on converting a sewing machine to do this but that project
will have to wait.  Anyway after attaching the wrapper I am adding
details like the grabs and railing.  The pictures of the brass engine
really help in placing the oil filler cap. There are other things on
the top that I cannot identify. I do have pictures of the top of a GN
P-2 showing several levers and a filler cap on top of the oil bunker.
I hope this helps a little.  Steve

Steve,

> I would be interested in knowing how you built your oil bunker as I
plan on
> doing another on, this time with the Worthington feed water. My Oil
bunker
> came from Bill Glick. He had etched several oil bunkers amany years
ago and
> found one extra for me. It's great as he added the rivit detail.
Had it not

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM