[CBQ] Re: SD24 photos at Leadville?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: SD24 photos at Leadville?
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:43:27 -0600
Bob,

I don't have photos, but IIRC, she was pulled to the testing location
and the road power was probably 641. I think the testing took place in
1958, before the first units were delivered. A number of EMD folks were
also camera/closet railfans and I am sure some photos were taken. I
just don't know where they might be. If EMD's photo archive were still
available, they probably would have had photos of the tests. The only
person that might know where such photos are and is still around would
be Bruce Meyer in Western Springs, IL. However, I don't have a contact
for him anymore.

Bill Barber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM