[CBQ] Re: Potash Trains - Pictures anyone?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Potash Trains - Pictures anyone?
From: "thommack" <thommack@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:20:44 -0000

Thanks everyone. The old throead I found did show the trains to have
originated on the GN with the potash coming from Canada. TC to Savanna
then to Mendota where it was stored until distrinuted.

The trains were apparently unit trains using IMCX covered hoppers.
IMCX is I believe a Canadian operation, so this makes sense.

Does anyone know of any pictures of the trains. I can find current
pictures of ICMX covered hoppers on the web (they are an ugly
red/brown with simple reporting marks), and although some of these
appear to be old enough, I was hoping to find pictures confirming
color and paint scheme from the late 60's. I'd like at some time to
model one of these trains.

Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM