Re: [CBQ] Re: Late 60's California Zephyr consists

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Late 60's California Zephyr consists
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 01:21:18 EST
As I would expect since there were only 6 total Dome-Dorm-Buffet-Cable Car
cars, that every so often Silver Shop for example would be in the shop
resulting
in the KCZ Buffet Domes in service on the CZ. With Silver Patio and Silver
Garden only having a small crew dorm, I think there were 3 bunks, an extra
Pullman would be used for the remaining crew members.

My guess would be more than likely a Burlington Pullman would have been used
but in the case of say a holiday rush.... probably any Pullman the Q could
beg, borrow, or steal might have shown up in the CZ consist.

I've seen shots of CZ Pullmans in service in consists of the Empire Builder
and Western Star. Also in the Denver Zephyr.

Loren Johnson

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM