Re: [CBQ] Last Red Ones Was:Re: How Long Did They Run

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Last Red Ones Was:Re: How Long Did They Run
From: robert runty <brjr51@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 11:56:59 -0800 (PST)
  I just had to dig through my old slides from this
time. Being teenagers with a car and new 35mm cameras,
my friend and I were out a lot railfanning in the mid
70's.
  The last Chinese Red unit we shot was a filthy SD24
6249( Q 509 ) on May 29, 1976 on an eastbound at
Savanna.
  The last black and gray was NW-2 559( Q 9406B ) in
Sept. 1976 by the Clyde turntable.
  I assume the various paint shops continued to
repaint older units in Red and Gray up till the
merger.

  Bob Runty

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM