Re: [CBQ] "New" Photo Site

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] "New" Photo Site
From: Rob Adams <steamera@netins.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 17:00:32 -0600
A couple of other comments.  Obviously the date listed with the
photo(1/1/1930) is wrong since none of the Zephyrs existed at that
point.  The vehicles appear to be mid to late 1930's vintage, but based
on the fact that Injun Joe has its raised oscillating light housing  I'd
guess the photo was probably taken in the early to mid-1940's.  The MTZ
train set still has its truck shrouds, so it is presumably not a
late-1950's pic.

Note the structure in the background at the far left.  I believe that to
be Northwestern Seed.  I too, am modeling Keokuk and would love to know
what it says on the side of the elevator building.

Oh to be able to see that view in person again...

Regards, Rob Adams

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM