[CBQ] P2K GP9 problem

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] P2K GP9 problem
From: "thommack" <thommack@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:13:35 -0000

I found in the past I could remove P2K lettering very easily with
SolvaSet. I have used this to renumber a few red units, including
GP30's and SD7's. That being said, I don't know if it will work on the
new GP9's. I just got one off of eBay and didn't notice the problem
until it was brought up on the list. I must say I am also VERY
disappointed that LifeLike continues to use the wrong Grey paint! I
was hoping they would get it right on this batch, especially since
they should have it on hand for painting the new GP20's!!!!!!

I was thinking of trying my SolvaSet trick on the stripes, but I am
worried about possible handrail breakage trying to get the cab off.
Last thing I want to do is have to put more money and time into a
problem created by the manufacturer, not the modeler!

I also agree that for the new pricing, this is unacceptable. I got
mine "cheap" on eBay, but still paid $70 for a non-sound unit. While
this may seem VERY reasonable considering the MSRP (I thought it was a
good deal), I just paid $70 at a local train show for not one, but
two, P2K Redbird SD9's which I will renumber. And considering the fact
that I model Lines East, GP9's were rare anyway. So it won't kill me
to wait for someone else to release a properly painted unit.

BTW, next e-mail goes directly to LifeLike.

Tom Mack

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM