Re: [CBQ] Re: Proto2000 GP9 w/sound

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Proto2000 GP9 w/sound
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 08:39:08 EST
In a message dated 1/21/2005 8:32:39 PM Central Standard Time,
trains28@bresnan.net writes:
The one locomotive that really got me back to modeling the 'Q' was when
I first laid eyes on Proto 2000's 'Blackbird' SD-7.
John and List,

You're are so right! Sadly as it seems from other postings that Life Like
doesn't seem to care about customer service. An engine that cost's $160.00 plus
tax! You would think Life Like could have gotten the paint correct. This isn't
the first time they've released models in the Q Blackbird sceme.

 I had to deal with them over the wheel bearing covers on a pair of NYC E
8's. Note here, the only reason I would have a set of NYC E's was to get the
through Pullman on the CZ to and from New York City.  When I called Life Like
you'd have thought I'd asked for the moon. I gave up and finally after about 6
months I got a small bag of the parts from the local hobby shop.

I've over the past couple of years had to deal with Walthers and Athearn for
broken parts on models. I found a completely different attitude. Both Walthers
and Athearn sent replacement parts to me in a few days. With Walthers the
part that had to be replaced was the articulation male and female from those
TTX
spine car sets. Now the model had been out of production for about 4 years, I
found a set at a hobby shop. The guy I spoke with at Walthers told me that
they only way they could replace that parts was with undecorated parts. I said
that was fine and ya know what he did? In the package was a bottle of TTX
Yellow. That's customer service!

Life Like had better start treating customers better or they might find
themselves going by the wayside. Atlas, Bowser, Athearn, Stewart (now part of
Bowser), and Walthers seem to have customer service together.

Loren Johnson

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM