[CBQ] RE: FW: GP9 with Sound Burlington

To: orders@lifelikeproducts.com, comments@lifelikeproducts.com
Subject: [CBQ] RE: FW: GP9 with Sound Burlington
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:45:21 -0800
Bcc:
Cc: CBQ@yahoogroups.com, mrmag@mrmag.com
I have not yet heard back since my last email to you dated Jan 19th in
response to your comments as noted below, that the CUSTOMER should just
re-paint the doors!

You do realize that this is not a simple task, nor is it acceptable. To
repaint the doors and the cab sides requires the removal of the window
glazing, which is glued in place. How does one remove it without damaging
the glazing? I would really be interested in knowing how this is done, if in
fact, this is the only way for the CUSTOMER to correct this mistake. Also,
one will have to sand the doors and cab sides to remove the stripping,
otherwise it will show through.

I am really surprised that you are suggesting that the CUSTOMER must take
this approach to fix this error. I could understand if the engine was a
typical Life-Like non-prototype low end product, put this is your premier
product line, Proto2000, that cost me $160.00, plus tax!

I think you need to rethink your decission, or re-evaluate your
advertisement: "UNRIVALED ACCURACY", as noted on the back of the GP9 box.

Could it be that your contractor made the error and therefore you have
recourse with him? I don't know what your stock on had is, but another
member on the CBQ Yahoo list suggested that a GP7 cab might be an acceptable
replacement. They appear to be the same. Is this possible?

I know you are sold out of this engine, but I think it will be your dealers
that will see the effects of this error.

In anycase, I sure would appreciate a response to my above questions and
comments. I am sure the hundreds of CBQ Yahoo members would also be
interested in your response.

Thank you,
Ray Bedard
San Jose CA