[CBQ] BRHS & list use...

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] BRHS & list use...
From: <kohlj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 9:11:02 -0500
Well, as an active PARTICIPANT to BRHS website activities and someone who lives
almost 1,000 miles from the HQ of BRHS and most of the meets, I thought I
should chime in here...

1) The moderators of this board are supplying the need of many who's only
contact with BRHS is through this mailing list.  If it comes down to questions
about "when was the last Blackbird scheme ran" or "who's going to help with the
BRHS meet", the questions can be posed and answered in FAR less time than it
would take to do it through BRHS official channels, if at all.  Blaming the
moderators of this board is a short-sighted answer to a problem you've not
understood.

2) As mentioned, I live so far out of the sphere of influence of BRHS that if
it hadn't been for this board, I would have never even heard of many of BRHS
meets, information and members.  There is no official channel that would supply
most of my needs, questions and answers that this list has.   So while this
list may not be an official channel of BRHS, it is many people's main link to
an organization that lives physically many miles away.

One thing I have realized is that in many cases, railroad clubs are a marrying
of the old and the new.  I'm sure there are hundreds of BRHS members who I'll
never meet because they will not buy a computer and get online, it's out of
their realm of understanding of the world.  To the people who I know from this
list, they HAVE taken that step.  Maybe the BRHS needs to take that step more
as an organization if it wants to survive into the 21st century.  I'm sure that
Ralph Budd would have sharpened the axe for someone  who said "we can't do it
that way because we've never done it that way" when he implemented so many of
the CB&Q's innovations.

Think about that...

Cheers!

Castle Graphics