Re: [CBQ] RE: Last Q revenue steam & BRHS mbrship

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] RE: Last Q revenue steam & BRHS mbrship
From: "Bob Yarger" <ryarger@rypn.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:08:03 -0500
It is fair to say though that in the entire Burlington system from
Chicago to the Gulf Coast, except for the isolated C&S Climax branch,
4997 in Jan. of "59 was the last revenue run.

Actually, not quite on the C&S.  I think the last revenue run on the C&S
mainline was in July 1959, when 2-8-0 647 brought a work train south to
Denver from Cheyenne.  The 900, a 2-10-2, took the work train north the
previous day, and was scrapped in Cheyenne not long after.  The 647 had
operated north that day on a excursion to Cheyenne, and brought the work
train south on its return to Denver.  It operated once again in September
1959 on a Denver-Lyons excursion, which doesn't count as a regular
non-excursion run, of course.

Bob Yarger, Editor
Railway Preservation News (free website)
www.rypn.org