[CBQ] Walthers 60' Heavyweights

To: CBQ List <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Walthers 60' Heavyweights
From: Jim's Junction/ John & Debbie Olson <trains28@bresnan.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:50:52 -0700
There was a post several weeks ago about the Walther's Trainline 60'
Heavyweight cars being different from the Rivarossi cars. I had a good
discussion with my source at Walthers and was told that all the shells for
the Rivarossi 4-packs and the pending Singles- were molded and produced
during one production run. Yes- the Rivarossi 4-packs were made in China!
Between the 4-packs release and Singles release, Hornby purchased
Lima/Rivarossi and since Walthers had contracted with Rivarossi to also
release the Singles....they had to negotiate with Hornby to get permission
to do the cars (re-package) on their own. We did a side-by-side comparison
of the Rivarossi 4-pack CB&Q RPO and the Single Trainline CB&Q RPO and they
are the same car. Only the number is different and as with the 4-pack cars-
the Single car has the separate Grabirons etc. enclosed under the packaging.
I will say, however, that there is a difference with the Walthers Trainline
trainsets 60' passenger cars in that there is no extra details provided with
the sets. Hope this helps remove any doubt about the Single Trainline cars.
Merry Christmas,

 John Olson
 Billings, Mt.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM