[CBQ] Modeling Q in Canada / trains 6-302 and 301-7 (was Newbie...)

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Modeling Q in Canada / trains 6-302 and 301-7 (was Newbie...)
From: "flare40x" <flare40x@yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:30:47 -0000

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Duncan Cameron" <d.cameron@s...> wrote:
> At least a few of us in Toronto given how much stuff I see at
> George's (although much of it is big modern power).  It's a little
> harder for those of us modelling mid-last century.

It's difficult to find Q system models in Toronto, particularly those
representing equipment earlier than 1950 (other than the CZ) and of
course anything steam.  I've lived in Montreal, Toronto and
Vancouver, and visited other major cities across the country, and I
find Canadian modelers quite provincial - fixated on Canadian roads
even when major American roads (NYC, D&H, C&O, GN, etc.) are
literally in their backyard, as in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver.
One of my fondest memories of my time in Vancouver was seeing the BN
(former GN) passenger train from Seattle arrive at the CNR station
behind an SP&S E7A in the winter of 1970-71!

For everything in Q/BN/BNSF power I've acquired I've had to order
either through Canadian Model Trains or a US mail order house.  On
the other hand, my main interest - UP - does have a big following
everywhere in Canada.  Go figure.  Perhaps those of us who follow US
prototypes in Toronto should network a bit.

Incidentally, for anyone else reading this, I'm still trying to find
out what type of equipment was used on the Denver-Alliance trains
numbered 6-302 and 301-7 between 1952 and 1971.  Any help would be
appreciated.

David Garon
Toronto, ON
Moderator