[CBQ] CB&Q Run Through Operations 1960's Era

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q Run Through Operations 1960's Era
From: "pcv333" <pcv333@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 05:17:52 -0000

     I'm doing research on run through operations on Omaha area railroads
during the 1960's-1970's era. One of these railroads, of course, is CB&Q.

     Here is the information I have in regards to CB&Q run through operations:
Between 1958- 1970, CB&Q and UP ran one manifest (mixed freight) in each
direction.  The WB symbol was CGI (Chicago-Grand Island). The EB symbol
was GI-68. The eastern terminus for the run throughs was Cicero Yard in
Chicago. From what I have researched, the western terminus was originally
North Platte, Ne.  Then the western terminus kept being changed. First to
Cheyenne, then to Green River, Wy., and finally to Salt Lake City.

     Other railroads that I thought CB&Q may have had runthrough operations
with were PRR, NYC, later PC (in PC's early years), EL, B&O , Frisco, GN, NP,
DRGW, and SP. Except for UP, I can't verify any of the other railroads.  If CB&
Q had runthroughs with Frisco, were they interchanged between the two
railroads at Kansas City or St. Louis?

     Other than UP, what locomotive models did CB&Q interchange with its
other run through partners?  Did CB&Q also interchange cabooses with its
non UP run through partners?  What locomotives and cabooses did the other
railroads interchange to CB&Q (i.e did PRR have GP30's, GP35's, U25B's,
C425's interchanged with the CB&Q for example)?  How frequently did CB&
Q's non UP runthroughs operate- daily, five days a week, tri weekly?  Where
was CB&Q traffic classified or sorted on connecting railroads?- i.e. perhaps
Elkhart, In. on NYC, Marion, Oh. on EL, Springfield, Mo. on Frisco for example.

Any help or assistance in answering these questions or providing any
information is appreciated.

                                                                    Thanks

Patrick Vana/Omaha, Ne.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM