Re: [CBQ] Color of class LO-11 cov. hoppers

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Color of class LO-11 cov. hoppers
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 19:32:59 +1300
Christopher

Sorry I didn't see the original post.

There are colour photos of LO-11 #183925 on page 60 of Bulletin #20 and on
page 88 of Mike Spoor's Equipment Color Guide (actually the same photo taken
by George Speir in October 1968, soon after it was built).  The captions
refer to the colour as being "nearly white paint " and "a much lighter gray
than other covered hoppers".  To my eye, it appears to be almost a  creamy
shade of grey.

Rupert
Auckland