[CBQ] 175+ new photos in Steam Gallery...

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] 175+ new photos in Steam Gallery...
From: Jan Kohl <kohlj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:08:54 -0500
  ...at Castle Graphics!  http://www.castlegraphics.com

That more than doubles what I had there before to well over 300 photos
of CB&Q steam.  New galleries as well.

I've still got to go through my Corbin guide and post some more detailed
info on the different types, but I wanted to get the galleries up and
posted, so stay tuned over the next few weeks for more updates to the
documentation.  All photos have been color desaturated, re-contrasted
and dark-area highlighted for better viewing.  I've also taken some of
the better photos and zoomed in on the locomotives a bit, to allow
people who are modelling to pick out details.

I'd like to ask some help from those of you who may know details about
photos that I may not have.  For example, some photos have "unknown date
or location", if you can pick out a landmark or something and know where
it is, please let me know.  As well, if there is anyone left on this
list who might be able to identify engineers, please let me know and
I'll create a special gallery so you can see them close up.  I'd like to
identify the engineers, firemen & conductors when possible.

An interesting piece that I've discovered (and found no documentation
for) is the fact that I've found photos of two locomotives (Prairie
#1955 and Pacific #2932) that were sent to Los Angeles, California
during the war, and outfitted with hooded lights and what appears to be
a stack cover (presumably to avoid being taken out by aircraft or
warships if running along the coast).  Anyone know anything more about
these locomotives, how many were sent, and why they went?  What railroad
ran them?

Enjoy these new galleries!

Cheers!

--