Re: [CBQ] 175+ new photos in Steam Gallery...

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] 175+ new photos in Steam Gallery...
From: Ken Martin <kmartin@cwia.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 23:04:50 -0800
Jan,

Five Q engines that I know of were leased to the Southern Pacific and
ran in the southern California area. They were converted to burn oil,
equipped with SP train number boards, and had blackout hoods on both the
marker lights and the headlight.

The engines I have identified are:

PRARIE
1907            R-4             Retired  12-46
1955            R-4             SFS       5-48
2113            R-5a            Retired   9-50

PACIFIC
2932            S-2a            SFS  12-51
2974            S-3             SFS   8-51

Ken Martin

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM