Re: [CBQ] Covered Gons

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Covered Gons
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:54:46 +1300
Kevin

The numbers won't be 33xxx as that series was allocated to boxcars, but
83xxx is correct.  Depending on the year you are modelling, the following
were fitted with removable roofs

83105-83129   GM-4C (some)
83140-83149   GM-4B
83150-83249   GM-4D
83250-83299   GM-4F
83300-83399   GM-6

There are photos on page 90 of Mike Spoor's CB&Q Equipment Color Guide, and
on page 29 of his book
CB&Q In Color Volume 2.

Hope this helps
Rupert