[CBQ] waycar roofs

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] waycar roofs
From: "archieh1946" <kliner@socket.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:39:54 -0000

Group,  Just wondering if anyone has information on the composition
of the roofing material on the old wooden waycars.  I recently
reroofed my waycar with roll roofing which I have used since 1978
when I purchased the car at Hannibal.  This is a task that I dread
every 5 years or so.  When I tore off the roof in 1978 I remember it
being some type of fiber material like a heavy canvas.  There are
remnants of this roofing still under some copper flashing that I
noticed while reroofing and was just curious about it's makeup.  Also
does this type of roofing go back to the early waycars and coaches
the Burlington had?  Thanks for any info,  Archie Hayden

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM