Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2217 - Greggs

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>, <SUSFREGEAU@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2217 - Greggs
From: Ed DeRouin <Ed@pixelspublishing.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:01:23 -0600
Susan and Listers:

I have looked at three timetables from 1888, 1895, and 1916 from my files.
All list a station as Greggs in lieu of Westmont at Mile Post 19.4. The next
oldest timetable, dated 1938, lists Westmont as the station name at MP 19.4.

Timetables dated prior to 1864 will not list Greggs because the trains
operated via West Chicago and the G&CU.

More information may be at the Newberry Library. I believe that I may visit
there prior to the holidays, and will look into the question.

Regards,

Ed DeRouin

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM