Re: [CBQ] EX C&NW Smooth side coaches

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] EX C&NW Smooth side coaches
From: cvlk@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:53:14 +0000
AFAIK no Budd passenger cars were sidelined prior to AMTRAK.  My guess is that
the Q (and GN and NP) saw an opportunity to pick up some equipment in good
shape to replace aging heavyweight cars that were due for heavy maintenance.
We tend to forget how much heavyweight equipment was run on the Q almost to the
very end of passenger service.....the Burlington might have had more Budd
equipment as a percentage of their fleet than anybody else, but there were
many cars with rivets and green or silver paint in service!
Charlie Vlk

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM