[CBQ] Pullman green and gold

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Pullman green and gold
From: jonathanharris@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:34:51 -0700
Dear passenger car modelers,

I just received the first of the HO-scale Branchline Pullmans I ordered.
Since my interest is mostly pre-1948, this was a "Pullman" lettered car.
The "Pullman" part is fine, but I want to change the car's specific name,
which raises 2 questions.

1) What decal lettering set do I want in order to do the car name? My most
recent Walthers' catalogue (2003) lists a Microscale decal set for Pullman
(#87371), described there as "early passenger cars, 1920-50." But I'm
guessing this probably has just a certain number of ready-made names,
probably not anything that would work for me, so I'll need an individual
lettering set. What font or decal set should I use, and who makes it?

2) Obviously, the original car name will have to be painted over, and I'm
sure the precise shade of what is called "Pullman Green" varies from
manufacturer to manufacturer. Can anyone tell me which brand/shade of paint
is the right (or closest) match for Branchline's cars?

Many  thanks,
Jonathan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM