RE: [CBQ] Kato/GHQ, Bachmann 2-8-0?

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Kato/GHQ, Bachmann 2-8-0?
From: "Dan Almosnino" <danalm@windows.microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:37:53 -0700
I believe there used to be a GHQ (or maybe some other manufacturer) kit
to convert the coal tender to oil burning type. I am looking for the kit
on Ebay myself from time to time but have not found one yet. Are you
sure this is not the same GHQ kit you have?

The Bachmann 2-8-0 conversion is not easy (I am still thinking about
it). If I recall correctly, one needs to move one of the steam domes
(and unfortunately it's not the rear one that can be unscrewed) and
place the bell between the domes. In addition, one has to shift/replace
the headlight to an upper position. Some other issues would be the
walkboards locations and the front steps.

Dan