[CBQ] [Fwd: [blackhillsrr] Adams Museum press release]

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] [Fwd: [blackhillsrr] Adams Museum press release]
From: Ken Martin <kmartin@cwia.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:27:08 -0700
This was on the Black Hills list and I thought some here might be
interested.

Ken Martin

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Media contact: Kate Bentham
Adams Museum & House
605-578-1928
September 28, 2004

ADAMS MUSEUM & HOUSE TO HOST
BOOK SIGNING AND PRESENTATION ON BLACK HILLS RAILROADS

DEADWOOD, SD ? Local author and railroad enthusiast Rick Mills will show
a video clip from Black Hills Railroads: Then and Now, a documentary he
wrote the script for, and sign copies of his new book 125 Years of Black
Hills Railroading on Saturday, October 16, 2004, from 2-4 p.m. at
Deadwood City Hall.  The Adams Museum & House will host the event.

            This look at area railroading combines not only the nuts and
bolts of the railroads and operations from the first locomotive in the
area (1879) to current-day, but it also gives a perspective on how the
Hills and the railroads evolved together. ?I wish I could explain why I
have had a lifelong interest in trains, but I do know that it has always
been a part of me,? said Mills. ?The influences of the railroad on the
Black Hills, the Northern Plains, and the American experience cannot be
overstated. The railroads were the catalyst for westward expansion, and
for the development of the cities, the transportation routes, and other
forms of commerce in the country that we know today. Good or bad,
depending on a person's own heritage and experiences, the railroads and
their employees have
played a pivotal role in this region and the country.?

            Deadwood City Hall is located at 102 Sherman St. The
presentation is open to the public, free of charge and wheelchair
accessible. For more information, call 605-578-3724.

             The event is sponsored by: the Deadwood Historic
Preservation Commission, Cadillac Jack?s Gaming, Deadwood Gulch Resort &
Gaming, Gold Dust/Holiday Inn Express and Midnight Star.

A PHOTO OF ?125 YEARS OF BLACK HILLS RAILROADING? IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
-30-

The Adams Museum & House is a non-profit educational complex dedicated
to the preservation and interpretation of the history and material
culture of the Black Hills. www.AdamsMuseumAndHouse.org

  ----------

FYI.

Rick

Media contact: Kate Bentham

Adams Museum & House

605-578-1928

September 28, 2004

                                ADAMS MUSEUM & HOUSE TO HOST

BOOK SIGNING AND PRESENTATION ON BLACK HILLS RAILROADS

DEADWOOD, SD ? Local author and railroad enthusiast Rick Mills will
show a video clip from <italic>Black Hills Railroads: Then and Now,
</italic>a documentary he wrote the script for, and sign copies of his
new book <italic>125 Years of Black Hills Railroading </italic>on
[...]

</fontfamily></flushboth>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM