[CBQ] Re: Searching For Former BRT Members

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Searching For Former BRT Members
From: Jerry Appleman <jerryapp@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 06:44:08
In [CBQ] Digest Number 2135, Louis Zadnichek II <LZadnichek@aol.com> wrote:
>Back in the early to mid-1960s in Downers Grove, IL, there was an organized
>group of CB&Q railfans known as the "Brotherhood of Railfan Trainmen."
>        ...[snip to]...           I would like to make Email contact with
>other former BRT members         ...[snip]...

As a young punk railfan, just beginning to get active in the hobby, I
joined the "Brotherhood of Railfan Trainmen."  I was more at home with the
younger guys at the "BRT."  Older, more established clubs, like "Railroad
Club of Chicago" and "C.E.R.A." were run by a bunch of old f*rts, that
barly tolerated us young punk kids.  "Illini Railroad Club" was not really
a club, but a mailing list for Maurey Klebolt's trips, with only an annual
dinner meeting at some restaurant.  Maurey used to run a helluva fine fan
trip.  I learned alot from those early days at thre "BRT".

I did alot of my early railfanning with Bob Campbell and Chuck Zeiler who,
at that time, lived in Naperville.  I rode most of the "Q" fan trips and
also most of the "C.E.R.A." trips.  In 1969, I moved from the Chicago
area to Denver, Colorado.

Many of my photos from that era are on my "Railroad Photo Album" Website
which is located at:   http://www.jerryapp.com/rr_album.html

                                       ...  best, Jerry Appleman
 Jerry's Railroad Photo Album (photos of railroads 30 years ago)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM