[CBQ] re: BOD meeting of BRHS - 2005 Annual meet

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] re: BOD meeting of BRHS - 2005 Annual meet
From: "gaedgar66" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 21:14:03 -0000
  A qrtly phone conference for Bd of Directors will be held this
Sunday evening.  If you have an issue or question that needs
addressing by the Board, let me or any other Board mbr know in next
couple days.  I can be reached @ work @ (712) 852-2724 X-252 or @
home (641) 923-2473 most of the weekend.  Will NOT be at work friday
but will be home by 3:30 (business trip).
Pres. Gene Tacey has been doing a great job of getting past
practices made into policies so we don't have to reinvent the wheel
every few yrs.  These include publications, etc. I know the wheels
appear to move slowly at times but with an all volunteer staff and
the wide geographic area we live in, things can take a bit to
communicate them to all parties concerned so informed decisions are
made.
  For those of you unable to attend this yr's annual meet in
Galesburg, I have a quick question:  for the 2005 annual meet in
Dubuque (I know; 14 months away) one optional boarding possibility
in addition to a hotel is the "Black" - a re'td Army Corps of
Engineers steam powered sidewheeler permanently anchored in the
harbor next to the old Q frt house and a stone's throw from the
restored 1890's CB&N depot.  We could rent the entire boat for 'x'
amount assuming 30 or more mbrs (including families) would spend a
night there - there are 1, 2 and 4 person rooms & bunk areas &
nearly all share a common restroom (this is as-built - a floating
museum) but then how often do you get to sleep on a steamboat?!
Rates would be better than the hotel and you could do 1 night there
and 1 @ hotel if you wished.
Let me know.  Just one of the many "outside the box" ideas Larry
Brown, Bob Stanage & I have for you in Sept 2005!   Gerald

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM