[CBQ] Waycar Roofwalk Question

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Waycar Roofwalk Question
From: "Paul K." <kozys@insightbb.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:29:41 -0500
Greetings,

Recently I read on another list:
"The AAR mandated that roofwalks be phased out by the late 1960's.  Cars with
roofwalks should have them removed, and cars being built new should not have
them added.  The AAR started this movement in the early 1960's, and when it was
announced, railroads started buying equipment without roofwalks.. So -- yes,
you could have a caboose built new in the late 1960's running around without
roofwalks. -- "

So my question is, does anyone know off hand of any Burlington (and for my
needs CB&Q specifically) waycars which ran around without roofwalks due to the
above cited AAR mandate, either built new without, or shopped at that time
where they were removed?

Thanks . . .

Paul (Kossart) - "The CB&Q Guy"
Peru, IL  *USA*