RE: [CBQ] Fw: questions on passenger train Texas Zepher and Sam Houston

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Fw: questions on passenger train Texas Zepher and Sam Houston Zephyr
From: "Will Jensen" <wrjensen@ev1.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 00:30:30 -0400
Here what I could find tonight.

The Consists would be  of the TZ would be the 1940 Budd cars.  From Denver
to Fort Worth.
Consist from late 1940
FWD 9980A
FWD 9980B
FWD 31 Heavy Weight Bag/Mail
FWD 104 Heavy Hgt. Bag
Silver Messenger
Silver Peak
Silver Bow
Silver Top
Spanish Range --Sleeper
Silver Tray

Here a list of the CS and FWD Budd Cars.
RP/mail
Silver Tiding (C&S)
Silver Messengers (FWD)

Baggage/Dorm
Silver Mesa (CS)
Silver Peak (FWD)

52-seat Coaches
FWD
Silver Fox
Silver Bow
Silver Ore
Silver Top

CS
Silver Mine
Siler Spur

Observation Lounge Dinner
Silver Bowl
Silver Tray

Train would be pulled by E-5
CS 9950 A-B
FWD 9980 A-B

Also would have the Rebuilt Pullman Cars.(I sill trying to find out more
about them and if they were pooled out of Denver during those years) In
later years, after the return of the 1940 cars.(The Denver Train sets were
used from 1957 to 1965)There sleeper were pooled.
 I have seen Photos of the TZ with other Green Head end cars but most of
that traffic was on train 7-8 the locals from  Fort Worth To Denver.

At Fort Worth until 1954 a 4-6-2 would pull the train to Dallas to Allow
servicing of the E-5s

The Sam would have been using CBQ leased E-6 9909 or a Pooled CBQ E-8.
Consists would be a leased Budd Cars from the Q with a Bag, 2 or 3 coaches
and Dinner-Lounge Observation

I have some more in a file if needed

Will Jensen
wrjensen@ev1.net