[CBQ] CB&Q 3003 Restoration

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q 3003 Restoration
From: "Dave Lotz" <dave_lotz@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:47:26 -0500
Michael Engebretson has been contacted me to see if anyone in the BRHS would
be interested helping with the cosmetic and or possible restoration to
operation of the CB&Q 4-6-4 3003 in Burlington Iowa.  There are eight
volunteers in his group so far and he expects more from the community.
Michael has talked to the city, sent them a proposal, and they accepted it.
He will be under the direction of the Burlington Parks Commissioner.  He has
asked for help in any way from financial help to volunteers and historians -
he already has access to Imron paint and primer.  I?ve sent him painting and
lettering drawings and a drawing for redoing the herald on the tender from
the archives.

He wants to test and inspect the boiler with a metal thickness meter and he
plans on opening the boiler in the next couple of weeks.  He has asked for
somebody from the BRHS to come to Burlington and show what some of the
valves do as he doesn't know what some of the are, or what they connect to.
If the boiler turns out to be operable then he would really try to get it
going.  He told me he is contacting a high-pressure steam instructor to see
if he can also look at the boiler.

If anyone would like to help contact Michael offlist at
engebret@danvilletelco.net

Dave Lotz
BRHS Archives

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM