Re: [CBQ] Re:U28/30B

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re:U28/30B
From: cy svobodny <ctsvobodny@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 19:11:42 -0700 (PDT)
Take it from an AMTRAK employee(not train crew). The
GE's have more than their share of teething problems
ans still seem to have them.  The F-40's were built
like battleships.  Took a lick'n and kept on tick'n.
Was on a train(#7) in North Dakota a few years ago.
Both GE's shot craps, (third unit) F-40 w/GFI tripped
and putting out the trains HEP, pushed both "dead
GE's" and pulled 12+ cars, was able to make track
speed.  Only took an extra mile to get up to mph.
Don't remember unit number but they all had 3-5
million miles of constant running behind them.  YOU
CAN'T KILL AN F=40. unless they hit something bigger
that they are.

=== message truncated ===

http://messenger.yahoo.com/

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM