Re: [CBQ] Business car "Kansas" just rolled by

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Business car "Kansas" just rolled by
From: "Norm Metcalf" <metcalf@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 21:08:22 -0600
Though the Kansas and the Utah are painted for the DRGW they apparently
actually belong to Philip Anschutz' Ski Train operation.  They were
returning from the GWR where both had been featured on a dedication special
for the new Owens-Illinois 12-ounce beer-bottle plant on the GWR east of
Windsor CO.  The special consisted of GWR 5625, rebuilt GP20, ex OMLX 4117,
exx SP 4117, exxx SP 4084, exxxx SP 7234 nee GMCX 5625 (renumbered by the
GWR back to 5625 at the suggestion of Ed Fulcomer), DRGW Utah, DRGW
Owens-Illinois (renamed for the occasion, ex DRGW Kansas, ex DRGW Wilson
McCarthy, ex DSL Wilson McCarthy) and GWR business car 1, the Yellowstone,
ex BN business car (but NOT the BN Yellowstone).
    Norm Metcalf, Boulder CO