[CBQ] AMB Waycar Kit

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] AMB Waycar Kit
From: "steve_wintner" <steve_wintner@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 19:01:10 -0000
Hey Folks,

This is sort of an open letter to Dave Lotz and some other folks here
who I beleive were involved in developing the AMB Q waycar kit, but
others may have relevant answers or info, hence it is here. I did a
search, but if the list discussed related stuff, I did not find it.

I have one of the AMB 4 window Q waycar kits, picked up a while ago.
Finally got around to it, and after reading through the directions and
list, have questions. I would like to gussy up the kit a bit, add a
few interior details and so forth, and some underframe stuff. Not
hunting NMRA awards, just time and a lack of space on my hands.

So first question is, anyone know of good sources for photos or even
better plans showing such things ? the kit instructions mention a
couple out of print books, Waycars of the Burlington Route and a 1973
BN Annual, which I will surf the net looking for, but are any other
sources recommended ? written descriptions from anyone who has been in
one would also be helpful.

Does anyone have recommendations regarding appropriate detail parts ?

Dave, I will be cotacting Q Connection off-list to order some decals
and detail parts.

Thanks in advance, have a nice day.

steve

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM