Re: [CBQ] Re: switchstands

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: switchstands
From: robert runty <brjr51@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 15:02:49 -0700 (PDT)
David,

I remember certain areas of the Q having switch lanterns well into the BN era.
The yard at Savannah, IL had kerosene switch lanterns on most of the yard leads
until at least 1976 or '77.

Overland Models used to make a nice model of the tall switch stand in HO but
has discontinued it last I heard.

 Bob

david_f_pease <davidp@tritel.net> wrote:
Fantastic!  This link finally answered a question I had posted
early on this site about CB&Q switch stands number 4.  I had ask
about how the tops of these switch stands looked originally.  The
switch stands here in Powell, Wyoming have had the their tops
sawed off and their targets changed.

This brings me to another question, when would the CB&Q have
stopped using switch lamps?

David

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> This question has been mentioned in the past. I've posted the
> CB&Q engineering drawings for switchstands here:
>
> www.locorosters.com

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

David