[CBQ] RE: Information on Quincy, IL circa 1948

To: "Christopher Meyer" <cjm89@hotmail.com>
Subject: [CBQ] RE: Information on Quincy, IL circa 1948
From: "Dave Lotz" <dave_lotz@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 10:47:19 -0500
Cc: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Hi Christopher,

Here are the answers I can provide, however, I?m sending a copy of this
email to the CBQ list for others to chip in and fill in those I don?t have
answers for.  (CBQ Listers ? please remember to CC Christopher on your
replies!)

The CB&Q did own the Quincy to East Hannibal line.  As far as trackage
rights, my employee Timetables show that CB&Q trains operated over the
Wabash between Bridge and Hulls, but other than that, I?ll have to defer to
someone more knowledgeable.

As far as which Division, the answer depends upon what point in time you?re
asking?
For the most part, however, the Galesburg-Quincy section was in the
Galesburg Division and the Quincy to KC line was in the Hannibal Division.

There are no Bulletins on the O-4 locomotives.  My recommendation would be
to try to locate a copy of Corbin and Kerka?s ?Steam Locomotives of the
 CB&Q? for photos and drawings of the O-4s.

Dave Lotz
BRHS Archives