Re: [CBQ] Batavia, IL depot site

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Batavia, IL depot site
From: Willliam Franckey <budapest@galesburg.net>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 16:05:43 -0500
Bob,

The one and same.  I'm always surprised that it continues to remain
unrecognized and known as only a freight house as it was used for many
years.  I have a photo of the structure showing the operators bay, now
removed and covered with a wooden plug.  An avid RR insulator collector
told me years ago he found one of the oldest and hence, most prized
insulators in his entire collection, hidden under layers of old paint
from the depot ( freight house ).  I'm not sure but I think Bushnell is
also celebrating its 150th railroad birthday.  I think we would all
like to see the structure moved a bit further from the main line and
sat on a proper foundation.

I'd be interested in what the town itself plans for the structure.  It
appears to be full of odds and ends all the while balanced up on a
piles of yellow rock.  Bill

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM