[CBQ] Re: Harlem Ave station Berwyn

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Harlem Ave station Berwyn
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 10:50:41 -0500
Charlie and others,

During the first four years of my life from 1943 through 1946, I lived
in a still existent apartment building located about 2 - 3 blocks east
of Harlem Ave on Stanley Ave. While I was too young to remember, I do
have photos taken of me in front of that building and I do not recall
seeing any trolley tracks on Stanley Ave. In fact, my Dad was in
service and  my Mom did not have a car. I do not remember her ever
talking about taking a street car in Berwyn. Buses, yes, but not a
street car. So, when did the West Towns system abandon the trolley line
on Stanley Ave.? Was it before 1943? Now, I have to go back and find
the pictures!!

Bill Barber