[CBQ] Re: Aksarben Zephyr BLI CZ Cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Aksarben Zephyr BLI CZ Cars
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:06:34 -0000
Lauren

But the Silver Cuisine was one of 3 diners delivered in 1952 amongst
cars to cover the Kansas City and American Royal Zephyrs and the
Blackhawk as well as extra CZ cars to interline between CZ and Ak Sar
Ben Zephyr trains.  I do not know if it had the intercom system the
CZ cars all had.

I know the Silver Cuisine was used, along with the Silver Inn on the
Denver Zephyr I rode in June of 1966.  The Chuckwagon was apparently
in the shop because the Cuisine substituted for it, and the Inn
substituted for the regular DZ dining car.  There was a third dome on
the train in the coach section but those of us who would have ridden
in the Chuckwagon dome rode in the dome of DZ-14, the Colorado
Springs Dome Coach, instead.  By that time, the Denver Slumbercoach
was numbered SC-7 and was behind the diner.  That was the car I rode
in.  The Colorado Springs Slumbercoach was still DZ-12 and was right
behind DZ-14.

sjl

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Aeolus3@a... wrote:
> In a message dated 4/13/04 10:33:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sjl@p...
> writes:
>

> > Did they not use the Silver Cuisine on the Ak Sar Ben Zephyr?
> >

> Silver Cuisine (outshopped 1952)  was a Burlington Diner, not a CZ
diner.
> Remember the Burlington only had the post war Budd diners for each
train, no
> extra diners with the full skirting. So when one diner was shopped,
I'm sure other
> diners were used in the DZ, CZ ect where needed. For example I use
Silver