[CBQ] Walthers 4 Window Red Waycar

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Walthers 4 Window Red Waycar
From: "Myers, Scott V." <svmyers@southernco.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 07:06:47 -0500
The red version of this model also has a red roofwalk.  This struck me
as incorrect, as the roof is black, and the mineral red waycar photos I
have seen have black roofwalks to match the roof.  However, looking
through my reference books and photos, including the waycar photo set
sold by the BRHS, it does appear that some of these red cars might have
had red roofwalks.  None of the color photos were shots from above, but
the sides of the roofwalk looked like they might be red in some
pictures, but black in others.  Makes me wonder if they started out red
and were painted black when the roof was recoated.  Can anyone confirm
that the roofwalks were ever painted red?

Scott Myers

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511