[CBQ] BRHS Spring Meet - Oregon, Illinois

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] BRHS Spring Meet - Oregon, Illinois
From: rgortowski@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:31:44 EDT
Just a reminder for those of you sitting on the fence - the BRHS is hosting
its Spring Meet in Oregon, Illinois this coming Saturday, April 17th.  The meet
starts at 10:00 am.  During the day, we are hosting the swap meet in the
Oregon Coliseum, currently we have 36 tables of merchandise signed up.  We also
have several clinics and a roundtable discussion with some retired Q employees
who worked in the Oregon area.  Gerald Edgar is doing a review of the
literature on the Burlington Route - you'll want to catch that!  We will also
have the
Oregon Depot open for inspection during the day.  You can check out what an
interesting depot it was and see how the restoration is coming.

Those who are signed up for the full meet will have an excellent bar-be-que
dinner featuring brisket, roast pork, and short ribs cooked over a wood grill
as the main entree!  After dinner we will have our famous raffle with a brass
diner being one of the main prizes.  We also have, two - count 'em - two slide
programs for after dinner entertainment.  Jerry Pfyer will be doing a multi
projector slide presentation on "Oregon's Railroads" and our 2004 calendar
featured photographer, Ed DuRouin, will be putting on a presentation of Q
material
he shot over the years.  You do NOT want to miss these presentations!

Those who can only attend for the day can register at the door for $5.00 a
head.  This entitles you to go to the swap meet, the clinics and the Oregon
Depot.  The presentations are only for the folks signed up for the full meet.

You do not have to be a member to attend.  The BRHS welcomes anyone who is
interested in attending.  If you have not yet registered and want to attend the
full meet, email me immediately at rgortowski@aol.com for details.

Hope to see you there!

Rich Gortowski and Bob Rees

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511