[CBQ] Re: CB&Q Signals Page

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q Signals Page
From: "Manfred Lorenz" <germanfred55@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 14:56:20 -0000
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Paul K." <kozys@i...> wrote:
> Hi y'all.  Look what I found online:
>
> http://www.vcn.com/~alkrug/rrfacts/signals/sigrules_CBQ1967.htm

I always wondered how many different ways to display red, yellow,
green and lunar lights were found to make all those bewildering
indications. Perhaps there are some peculiarities to operation on
American tracks that need all that.

I could think of procedd at prescribed speed, at restricted speed and
stop is all one needs to know to operate a train. Which means green,
yellow and red could tell me all.

If I had to use a diverging route so be it but it is restricted
speed. Why should I care to know that there is a switch?

Am I too simple minded?

Manfred