[CBQ] correction - W. Burl litigation

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] correction - W. Burl litigation
From: "gaedgar66" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 02:25:51 -0000
Yikes!  Must be end-of-week fatigue!  Reread what I wrote AFTER
posting (dumb) & saw the obvious error (blame it on too many creosote
fumes).  B&MI (Burlington & Missouri in Iowa) blt the trackage from
Burlington west & of course the 1st loco servicing facilties, etc.
However I also took the time now to read Overton (who/what better!)
and he also remarks that the City of Burlington gave the B&MI
authority to operate along the river IF they located shops in the
City.  However that brings up a fine point - the shops are in W. Burl
not Burl but perhaps that was later agreed to by the City.  Will now
laboriously go thru the W.W. Baldwin "Documentary History of the
CB&Q" has that agreement in it as part of the various documentations
Gerald